Saturday, January 10, 2009

words!

As Mason and I sat and enjoyed our quiet evening at home, I was a bit saddened by the realization that he is growing up to be a little boy. He is no longer a baby. It's official. He has left the limbo state of "babyhood" and entered into being a full blown toddler.

The word toddler sends chills up and down my spine... it comes with things such as "the terrible twos" and tantrums and battles of sheer will. YIKES! I also realized that it comes with something wonderful as well... the power of communication! Mason feels so proud of himself for being able to say what he wants, what makes him happy or sad, what choices he wants. I realized that while as a toddler his world will be completely egocentric, he will at least be able to communicate with us.

So in thinking about his ever expanding vocabulary, I decided to document what he can say as of today: 1year, 4months, 1week, 3days old. Some of them aren't clear words that the general public would understand... some still require translation. I also will put how he actually pronounces the words behind, just so I will remember when he is older!
  • Daddy
  • Mama
  • Silly- si-e
  • Thanks- tanks
  • Kitty- key-ti
  • Tickle- tissle
  • Pretty- ti-ti
  • Who's that?- who dat
  • See
  • What is it?- wha-is it
  • Fix
  • Banana- a-nan-a
  • Go Diego Go!- go-a-go
  • Clue- cue
  • Sophie- Fee (our dog)
  • Look!
  • Book
  • Stink!- tink
  • No!
  • Go!
  • Beth- Baa
  • Kiss
  • Me
  • Boo
  • Baby- bebo
  • Nana (Grandma)- naaa-na
  • Rupert- Pert (Grandma's bird)
  • Dog- da-og
  • Sassy- assy... yup this one is the funniest! (our cat)
  • Milk-ilk
  • Juice- jui

I think that is a fairly good set of words for his age! I am constantly amazed at his growing language and comprehension skills!

No comments:

Post a Comment